Pseudo Science Fair Year 0.0 – 2017
Vendor Rules and Regulation and Application
Below is a full application for the Pseudo Science Fair 2017 Vendor. Pseudo Science Fair will take place October 13-15, 2017 and the Vendors’ Room will be located in Hall 106, first floor of the Dayton Convention Center (22 East Fifth Street Dayton, Ohio 45402). Submitting this form does not guarantee space in the Vendors’ Room, accepted Vendors will be contacted within a few weeks with final confirmation. The times of operation for the Vendors and Vendor will be determined by the amount of attendees, which are in the room.
ID for Vendors:
Vendors and companions must show a government-issued, photo ID to exhibit in Vendors’ Room. If an Vendor and companion are not able to produce a valid ID at check in, The person with no ID will not be able to be within the hall, If the Vendor can not produce an ID, their table(s) will be held until 10:00 PM on Friday, at which point the table(s) will be considered unclaimed and open for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Only special circumstances will be accepted to hold the tables longer.
Accepted forms of ID include but are not limited to:
• A state driver’s license
• State-issued identification card
• Military ID. Other forms of Photo ID may be accepted at the discretion of the Department Head of Vendors’ Room. The name on the ID must match the name given during table registration and Match the Badge given.
To exhibit in the Vendors’ Room at PSF 2017, you must agree to the rules and terms in writing. Printed copies of these rules will be available for all Vendors to sign at check-in. Vendors must be at least 18 years old in order to sign a contract. Therefore, any person who is not 18 must have an adult sign the contract on their behalf. The adult who co-signed the contract must be present to check-in for a table, must remain present at the table at all times, and must accept responsibility for any failure of the under-aged Vendor to comply with all convention policies as well as applicable laws.
Number of People Behind Each Table:
Each table and booth may have multiple people behind the table (including the common space behind the tables as well) but all who are present must have appropriate badges and IDs. Please take breaks for food and water! If you are a single Vendor, please let the staff know, in order to properly give you breaks when needed without leaving your table unattended.
Vendors may share space with another Vendors under the following conditions.
1. The total number of people for a table does not exceed 4 people.
2. The overall table must conform to the original artwork display rules.
3. Vendor Room staff must be notified of any Vendor taking in personal sales at check in or at the Vendor Room Operations Table. Those additional Vendors will be required to fill out paperwork for Sales Tax purposes.
At no time may a Vendor sell or rent their space to another Vendor within the Vendors’ Room. If a Vendor is found subletting, both the Vendor who registered the space and the person occupying the space will be evicted from the space immediately with no refund and charged a $250 fee.
Transfer of Tables:
Each table is registered to a Vendor at purchase. No purchased table may be moved to the ownership of another Vendor. If you need to opt out of your table, please notify the Vendors’ Room staff to make the table available to the wait-list. Also, please note that table costs are nonrefundable.
1. If you are a registered corporation at the time of your application to the Vendors’ Room you may transfer your table to another employee of your corporation. This person must not have been accepted for a table in the Artist Alley. Additionally you must also provide the following information:
o The State in which you have incorporated
o Your incorporation ID (This is not your Federal Tax ID)
o Your Federal Tax ID
o Date of incorporation (Your date of incorporation must be prior to submitting an application to the Vendor Room)
Unsold tables will be offered for sale one (1) hour after Vendors’ Room opens on Friday at the Vendor Room Operations Table. Unsold tables are tables that have been made available before the convention and should not be confused with abandoned tables.
1. You may not line up prior to this time.
2. All tables are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Unsold tables will only be sold as standard tables. Unsold tables will only be sold at the full rate.
If a Vendor fails to check in for their table by 10:00 PM Friday and does not contact the Vendors’ Room Department Head in advance, their table will be considered abandoned. At that point, their table will be offered for sale at the at-con rate on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Lost tables cannot be reclaimed, and neither credit nor refund will be given for no-show tables.
2. The lineup location will be announced at 12:00 PM Friday at the Vendor Room Operations Table.
3. You may not line up prior to this announcement.
4. No show tables will only be sold as standard tables. Unlimited booths are only available through pre-sales.
5. No-show tables will be sold at the full rate. Special Conditions may apply.
Tables are not refundable.
Number of Tables:
All space types come with ONE TABLE, of dimensions 4 or 8 feet long by 2 feet wide and 2 feet 5 inches tall. These dimensions are subject to change depending on what is supplied by the decorator.
Due to layout restrictions if another size table must be used it will first be offered to pre-registered vendors. They are at no time available for request, and will be offered at random if available.
2 chairs are provided with each table. You may not supplement this amount with your own chairs.
All table signage should match the information that you registered with. Ex: If you put down on your application that you are “Studio A” but all your signs say that you are “Studio B” this will be seen as a table transfer. Signage that does not match your registration must be removed.
You may change the Studio Name we have on file ONCE. To do so you must contact us at least 30 days before the Thursday of the convention. A change is only allowed for Studio Name, no other information on the application may be changed at any time. Any attempts to exploit this as a table transfer will result in a non-refundable eviction from the Vendors’ Room.
• The ONLY EXCEPTION is a LEGAL NAME CHANGE, for example if you are recently married. Please provide any relevant paperwork showing both the original registered name and the new legal name.
• Due to the sensitive circumstances names are sometimes changed under any request for name adjustments will be kept confidentially within the exhibitions Department.
1. Any structure brought to display artwork must be of sound construction, and may not extend more than 5 feet above the table or a total of 8 feet from the floor, which ever is less.
2. If any structure falls down, appears unstable, or extends above the height limit, the Vendor to whom it belongs to will be asked to remove it by the Vendors’ Room staff.
3. In addition, all displays must reside within the confines of your area.
o Large booths are restricted to the boundaries of your booth space and will be marked for your convenience.
o Standard tables are restricted to the boundaries of your tabletop and up to 3 feet behind your table.
o Displays behind your table may not impede upon other Vendors’ areas nor disrupt traffic flow in case of emergency.
o The corners of each island of tables are considered to be an emergency egress for Vendors; as such you may not use the corners for your display.
1. Those with Large Booths and Corner Booths are allowed to use any of their 10 foot by 10 foot space for display.
2. Those with Standard Tables must keep their display to the boundaries of their table.
o If your display must sit on the floor, such as a photo or backdrop stand, the base may not be more than 3 feet from the back of your table and must not disrupt the common walking space behind or to the sides of your space.
1. All space types come with ONE TABLE, of dimensions 4 or 8 feet long by 2 feet wide and 2 feet 5 inches tall. These dimensions are subject to change depending on what is supplied by the decorator.
2. Due to layout restrictions, if another size table must be used it will first be offered to Unlimited and Pro Row spaces. They are at no time available for request, and will be offered at random if available.
Exhibiting in both the Vendor Room and Artists Room is strictly prohibited. If you are found exhibiting in both areas, at the same time, you will be evicted from both immediately and may be banned from exhibiting for future years.
1. If you are a Vendor who contracted by an artist in the Vendors’ Room, you may still exhibit in the Vendor Room so long as you are not an owner of the company an artist or your work does not make up the majority of the items sold by said artist.
2. The resulting merchandise from your partnership may only be displayed and sold at either the vendor’s booth in Vendors’ Room or the Artists’ booth, but any one piece may not be sold in both locations.
Artwork and Sales
In recent years, there has been a marked increase in the number of minors and families attending conventions. Therefore, Creative Instinct LLC./ZAGstudios, LLC. and Pseudo Science Fair asks that all exhibitors, including Vendors in Vendors’ Room, keep this in mind when setting up their displays. The acceptability of displays of adult material is at the sole discretion of the Department Head of the Vendors’ Room. Any materials, which are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent, or otherwise unsuitable for children, cannot be displayed. If any of these materials are found, or the Vendors’ Room staff receives complaints, the Vendor will be asked to remove the material in question. If any Vendor sells inappropriate materials to minors, they will be removed from the Vendors’ Room and Pseudo Science Fair. They may also be held accountable under Ohio State and Federal Laws.
The following items may be sold:
1. Any product licensed to the vendor.
2. Unique, individual, hand-made items
3. Props, which are clearly made by the Vendor or licensed to the vendor.
4. Any work with copyrighted materials and/or trademarked logos (official art),
5. Props that are a replication of a copyrighted and/or licensed nature, but licensed to sell by vendor.
The following items are prohibited to be sold within The Room at all table types:
1. Bootleg products
2. Copyright – violating traced, photoshopped, or transferred art. This includes but is not limited to work from “redraw” projects, and pixel artwork, such as pearlier or other forms of sprites, which directly copy a licensed work.
3. 2nd or 3rd party art/sales. Non-licensed Art.
4. Products that can be bought at a store either out of the country or the US
5. Food, snacks or beverages.
6. Legally imported merchandise or legitimate US products. This includes, but is not limited to: wall scrolls, sharpies, art supplies, duct tape, glow sticks etc.
7. Any items for sale in the Artist Alley regardless if you are the creator.
Giveaways are permitted, only through strict regulation of the Con staff. This includes but is not limited to raffles of any kind. NO MONIES SHALL BE EXCHANGED FOR GIVEAWAYS AND/OR RAFFLES. Random ticket or form drawings are permitted.
While in the Vendors’ Room, all convention, local, state, and federal rules, policies and laws apply. Convention rules can be found online on the psfcon.org website and in your program book.
Pseudo Science Fair, badges must be worn at all times. ONLY people with a Vendors’ Room badge will be allowed behind tables within the Vendors’ Room. Persons behind tables within Vendors’ Room without a Vendors’ Room badge will be asked to leave the booth, if the Vendor continues to allow non approved personnel to be within the booth, they will be subject for removal from the convention without a refund.
Smoking, including vapes or electronic cigarettes, or use of alcohol or drugs while in the Vendor Room will not be tolerated. Violations will result in removal from the Vendor Room and convention with no refund.
Please refrain from running, screaming, yelling, horseplay, or obscene language; all Vendors are expected to be courteous and polite to one another, the staff, and other convention attendees.
Overly loud music, videos, etc. will not be tolerated in the Vendors’ Room. If the amount of sound coming from a table is found to be disruptive as determined by the Vendors’ Room staff, the Vendor will be asked to lower the volume. Further noise violations can result in the Vendor being removed from the Vendor Room.
Photography and video recordings are permitted within the Vendors’ Room, provided that the person being recorded has given permission. Similarly, pictures or videos of art are allowed only with permission of the Vendor. The sole exception is that photography and videography of the Vendors’ Room as a whole is not permitted.
Vendors are requested not to move or tamper with PSF signage without staff permission.
Permission to video record your space, whether for personal or security usage will be given on a case by case basis. If you are interested in recording your space you must do the following:
1. Email a formal request to Vendors’ Room (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining your intention for the footage you plan to take.
2. If approved post signage in clear view of the crowd with the following text: “WARNING Audio and Video Recording In Progress”
3. If you plan to publicly release the footage you must have documented approval of those within the video to have their images shown, or their faces must be blurred.
Rules Violations and Penalties
Issues within the Vendors’ Room are handled with a warning, but sometimes-larger actions must be taken. Here are general guidelines for the consequences for the majority of offenses that may happen within the room.
FIRST OFFENSE – Verbal Warning:
The Vendors’ Room Department Head will speak with you detailing any major concerns with regards to your display, merchandise or conduct. You will be given examples, conditions and a time frame with which you must comply. This may be, but is not limited to, removing all offending material from sight and not displaying it again for the rest of the convention. A note of this warning will be made for reference at any other time in the weekend.
SECOND OFFENSE – Written Warning:
The Vendors’ Room Department Head will speak with you and present you with a written warning detailing any major concerns with regards to your display, merchandise or conduct. You will be given examples, conditions and a time frame with which you must comply. This may be, but is not limited to, removing all offending material from sight and not displaying it again for the rest of the convention.
THIRD OFFENSE – Eviction from Vendor Room
If you have already been given a written warning and have not complied in the time frame given, put any offending material back on display, or broken another rule, you may be evicted from the Vendors’ Room without refund.
FINAL OFFENSE – 1 Year Ban:
If after being evicted from the room you are found trying to convince, or have convinced, another Vendor (whether knowingly or not) to help you sell your merchandise (whether it is the offending merchandise or not), you will henceforth be banned from exhibiting in the PSF Vendors’ Room for 1 year. Vendors found selling your product will get a warning and/or could also be evicted or banned.
Booth spaces are sold as follows; 10’ by 10’ space (pipe and draping), This price is not negotiable for vendors. Vendors are asked not to encroach upon their neighbor’s space unless they are given permission. Vendors that do not arrive and set up before 10pm Friday or do not give prior notice will forfeit their space. Show spaces will be sold to available wait list patrons or other Vendors’ Room participants at the convention at a reduced cost (cash only). All Dealer payments must be made on or before August 28th, 2017, or the dealer will forfeit their space. After the initial spaces are filled, PSF will keep a waiting list of other interested vendors, to be filled either on September 1st or the day of the convention. Electricity and other necessities cost extra. Vendors must inform PSF if special accommodations are needed at the time of submitting their application.
• $200 per standard booth. $350 double space
• $300 for standard corner or premium booth. $550 double space.
• $400 for a premium double-space corner/end cap space
• $500 Hallway spots
RESERVING MULTIPLE SPACES:
Vendors are welcome to reserve multiple spaces, limit 4. If there are extra spaces available on Thursday at opening, Dealers’ Room participants may purchase an extra space at a reduced cost (cost determined by PSF).
Though Pseudo Science Fair and the Vendors’ Room staff retain the right to make instantaneous changes to the Vendors’ Room policies, every effort will be made to extend Vendors the courtesy to make announcements of any changes.
As a reminder the Vendors’ Room staff will consistently monitor and patrol the Vendors’ Room for policy and rules violations. Any and all observed and reported violations will be acted upon. A single violation of the convention and Vendors’ Room rules and policies can potentially result in the Vendor being removed from the Vendors’ Room and the convention at the discretion of the Vendors’ Room staff. If an individual is removed, they forfeit all fees and will receive no refund for their table or membership. Additionally, for the safety of the Vendors’ Room staff, conversations between yourself and the Vendors’ Room staff may be recorded.